Saturday, July 16, 2011

About using the word "tower"?

question regaridng words. First i'll describe the context. I am chattig with my friend on Facebook right now, i asked if i can call her anytime during the week. I am only able to call her if she's at work because thats the only time her cell can have signal. So i asked when she is working next. Then she said her area has had storms the past days and here's a quote from her...the storm "hit the cell towers." Now let me ask, is t"tower" another word used in that context? This is the first time i heard it used in that sense and i cannot tell if she was just using the next word that seems synonymous to the context of if "tower" is defined in that way which i never heard of. I just like learning of new way to use words, so tell me if this is just relative to her or what.

No comments:

Post a Comment